Residence permit for civil partners

Paar - eine Person legt der anderen den Arm um die Schulter

For the purpose of the law of residence, a civil partnership is treated in the same way as a marriage. This means that if you have a residence permit as a person entitled to asylum or recognized refugee, your partner must be likewise granted a residence permit. After three years, this residence title can be extended irrespective of whether the civil partnership is still in existence. If the civil partnership is dissolved before this date, your partner can lose their residence title.