Symptoms of diseases
Potential symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease include the following:
- yellowy and smelly discharge from the vagina, penis or bum
- pain when peeing, pain during defecation (pooping)
- itching and a burning sensation in the genital area
- discolored urine or faeces (poop)
- skin lesions such as blisters, warts, sores
Sexually transmitted diseases do not always cause symptoms and sometimes you do not notice them or think that they are the symptoms of other problems. People with changing sex partners should be examined on a regular basis and get themselves treated when necessary.