For recognized refugees

Frau mit krausem Haar gezeichnet

If you have been recognized as a refugee, you are entitled to social welfare benefits according to the German Social Code II (“SGB II”). This also includes health insurance.

If you become ill, you can go directly to a doctor with the health card issued by the insurance company. 

You have to file the application for social welfare benefits at the job center.